In the second installment of our Masters of Music series, we investigate composers who breathed new life into “old-fashioned” forms.
In honor of the 70th anniversary of D-Day, we pay tribute to those heroes who still walk among us and to those who gave the last full measure of devotion.
- William Walton Spitfire Prelude and Fugue
- Richard Rodgers Victory at Sea (selections)
- John Williams Three Pieces from Schindler’s List
- Aaron Copland Fanfare for the Common Man
- John Williams Hymn to the Fallen from Saving Private Ryan
- Leonard Bernstein On the Town: Three Dance Episodes
- Richard Addinsell Warsaw Concerto